We love the WordPress community that is growing all over the South. We are currently looking to round out our team with those who can help make WordCamp Birmingham 2016 a wonderful experience for all. (Tip: read through to the bottom on how to get a FREE ticket to WordCamp next weekend.)
We want you to volunteer!
- We have one-hour shifts for those who want to help keep the event moving during sessions on October 29th.
- We also have 4 spots for Room MC’s. You’ll get to introduce speakers, make announcements, help with video recordings and work with the speakers.
- We have spots open on the Registration Desk as well to help WordCampers get their day started right and to help answer questions.
- We also have a position for All Day Volunteer. You’ll have to click through to the official Volunteer Sign-Up post to get the details on that one.
There are only two requirements to volunteer:
- Smile a lot.
- Adhere to the code of conduct.
Also, we know you have a winning attitude and a giving spirit, and we want to give you the chance to show that off at WordCamp. In fact, we’ll give you a coupon code for a free ticket if you sign-up to volunteer for 4 hours on October 29th. What do you think? Got the time? Got the smiles?
That’s it. Are you up for it?
Check out all of the official details, sign up (ask any questions you have) and we’ll see you on October 29th.
Be a Volunteer. It’s fun. It’s Easy.
- Work a one hour shift to help campers find their way.
- Smile a lot.
Here are the areas where you can help:
We have 4 spots for the day (one for each room and one alternate). These folks are responsible for:
- Speaker introductions before sessions
- Make Announcements
- Help the speakers with lapel mics for the video
- Start the video cameras recording.
All Day volunteer. Be part of the crew. This position is different from the others. You will work in the same session room for the full day. This is the position where your efforts will be seen by the whole world. All of the videos we record will become part of WordPress.tv.
No video experience needed. We will show you what to do which is basically – just push one button.
Registration Desk – 12 Spots (1 volunteer per session)
Help campers with registration, buying swag, and general conference questions like “Where is the restroom?” or “What’s the emergency plan in case of attack by bees?” *
Help Desk (a.k.a. Happiness Bar) – 22 Spots (2 per session)
Designers, developers, consultants and speakers – take a seat at the help desk to answer WordPress questions from campers and offer hands-on help with their sites. Think “Help! How do I make this widget work?” and not “Where is the restroom?”
* In case of attack by bees: Run Away