With WordCamp Birmingham just TWO DAYS away! we wanted to share a few tips for rocking the day’s sessions as an attendee. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Get here! Use the map, on this page, to get your directions. Also, once you are here and registered, look on the back of your badge to see a map of the location of lunch spots and the afterparty. The parking lot across from the Harbert Center on Richard Arrington, Jr. Blvd. and 4th Avenue North will be free for WordCamp attendees.
- Keep track of your badge. It is your admission to Harbert Center activities and contains coupons and your food tickets! We like to recycle the lanyards, so once the day is over, drop it off at the swag table.
- Follow and use the #wcbham hashtag on Twitter. A lot of attendees will post quotes they like, photos and other fun stuff. The WordCamp Birmingham Twitter feed will also use this hashtag for updates throughout the day.
- Follow @wordcampbham on Twitter. We will post updates and maybe even share some of your Tweets! If you post to other social media websites, such as Facebook or Instagram, feel free to use #wcbham as well.
- Stay on track. You’ll notice the schedule runs in three columns: the first for the user/blogger, the second for a business or freelancer, and the third for developers. Feel free to use one track or mix and match.
- Don’t forget about the afterparty! This year’s will be at Rogue Tavern starting at 7 p.m. out on the patio. Bring your WordCamp badge.